A Day in Yosemite

Okay, I took the weekend off but should now post something. My mind is mush, however, because I am doing all my regular stuff plus a ton of extra reading and writing for my doc classes. Poor me. I know, it's self-inflicted pain.

Anyway, we spent Memorial Day in Yosemite National Park. Julie has already posted our adventure much better than I ever could, so I'll let her words suffice for the overall story. I had not been in Yosemite since 1990. Julie popped in during the women's retreat in February. And the boys had never been.

It's interesting how much you remember and forget over a 20-year span. Here were some things I recalled (or had forgotten):

(1) It takes a long time to drive through the park. From the south entrance to Yosemite Valley is about an hour. We made the boys sit and talk (as opposed to playing Nintendo DS) until we left the park. Cruel, I know, but it's interesting the things that come out of your kids' mouths when you turn off the radio, the iPods, the game systems, cell phones and force everyone to sit around together. Lots of fun.

(2) The Valley is amazing! I remembered how beautiful Half Dome & Bridalveil Falls were. But I forgot about Yosemite Falls and the sheer cliffs surrounding the Yosemite Valley. Breath-taking!

(3) The Valley is crowded. I didn't forget this. But once you park, it's not too bad.

(4) The sandwiches at the deli (near the main Visitors Center) are great and not too expensive. Better than Subway! But skip the soup.

Gotta run do some more work. Peace...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene