Preaching Class

Okay, I am over halfway done with week #2 of this summer's doctoral classes. I am READY to go back home to Fresno. (Still sounds a little unnatural to say "home to Fresno," but that is the truth.) Julie has held down the fort beautifully while I was gone. Sadly, I missed both boys' birthdays again this summer. One more summer of this & I'll be ready to write my project thesis. Woo hoo!

Tomorrow, I preach in front of my preaching class & our prof, David Fleer. It's somewhat intimidating and an honor, knowing that I will be critiqued and encouraged by some great preachers. Folks at the College Church keep telling me that my preaching is getting better. Imagine what it will be like after this week!

This has really been a blessing. I've had a few "aha" moments, but I am actually walking away with more questions than answers. It's an amazing responsibility to be bringing God's word to the folks in our church every Sunday. I certainly have lots of work to do so that I can properly live in God's word and invite others to join me there. I am deeply grateful for the encouragement and support I get week in and week out. It's a communal journey, and we all need one another in order to get where we're going.

Comments

Thurman8er said…
Looking forward to having you back HOME.

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene