Sleeping in the New House

Home is where my bed is. Or for some people, home is where their pillow is. Or for others, home is where their heart is. For me, my bed seems to make the difference.

I've been sleeping well in our new house. That's a good thing since I've been so exhausted. Sunday was our first night of sleeping there. (Though Jericho slept there Saturday night.) We had a good night of sleep that night and Monday night.

The next two nights were not so great. Tuesday night was terrible. Our power went off at 5:00 pm and came back on at 1:00 am. Opening the windows doesn't help much when the temps are still mid-80s. As Jacob told me, it sure makes us realize how much we depend on electricity. It would take a long while to get adjusted to life lived otherwise.

And Wednesday night was short because I was stupidly trying to figure out Jericho's new MLB game for the Wii. I got stuck in a 20-inning game till midnight. Pitching is not that difficult, but scoring runs was a problem -- even against the hapless Pirates! I couldn't generate runs until ARod finally hit one out for me.

Never mind that. We are enjoying the new house. I have lots of work to do, but that will have to wait until next week when life starts to return to normal.

The blessings are actually too numerous to list. God is good! Now it's time to buy a lawnmower...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene