Conspiracy Theories & Hoaxes

Sunday's sermon talked about the difficulty of believing Jesus' offer of forgiveness. I guess it's not that people can't believe. It's more, "Where's the proof?" How can you preach forgiveness to a world inundated with hoaxes. They may want to believe it, but they aren't sure we have the authority to offer it.

To set the stage I talked about how easy it is to fall for internet hoaxes, conspiracy theories and the like. I played that up a bit before moving more deeply into our text, Mark 2:1-12.

When we got home, Julie was looking through the LA Times. She stopped and flipped the comics my way pointing out the Doonesbury strip for that day. About the only strip I regularly read is Dilbert, but I couldn't believe what was there in the paper the same day I talked about all the crazy myths people love to believe. Weird!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene