Spiritual Healing

Thanks to our webmaster Robin Button who has already put our sermon from Sunday on the church website. I'm amazed & blessed to be at a church that can be so authentic and flexible. The worship and response time was beautiful. Even more encouraging is the fact that many of our church folks are still wrestling with some of the things they heard & experienced Sunday. God is good!

As I've gotten to know the College Church a little better, I realize that our church (like any other that is being honest) is full of people who are struggling. We are not people who have arrived. We are not perfect. We are wounded, hurting, broken, insecure, guilty, insufficient. You name it. That's us.

While I realize that we will never completely arrive, I also know that our lives can often attain much more than we allow. We tend to stay put in our brokenness, thinking one of two things: either (1) that we don't deserve any better; or (b) in denial that we are broken. In either case things can get better, but not without a heart willing to receive God's healing touch.

As I sit back and reflect on our time together Sunday at my sermon's culmination, I can't help but become emotional as I think of the ministry that took place in those short moments. The challenge now, of course, is to build upon that. We can't simply tie on bow on it and act like everything is all better. People whose lives are broken must now begin the long, slow process of allowing God to heal not just their souls but their lives. And sometimes this is a long process, one that requires constant diligence, encouragement and obedience to Him who is our All in all.

Comments

Hi Jason!

My fiance and I have been enjoying the messages you have been speaking about the last few weeks. I think we all are recovering from something and that is never an easy battle. God can do anything, that is for sure. I know you are not the outline type, in fact none of the previous speakers have really done outlines before, but we were wondering if maybe someone could put a blank insert into the bulletin for those who want to write down their own notes from the message. I appreciate the hard work you and your family have done, with adjusting to a whole new side of the country and taking care of business at the church at the same time. I look forward to seeing you next week. Take Care! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene