A New Kind of White-Out

Tonight, Fresno State hosts Boise State in a potentially big football game. Since this game is to be nationally televised on ESPN, the promoters have urged fans to come dressed in white rather than traditional Bulldog red. The white should make for a great setting as the ESPN cameras pan the crowds.

This will actually be my second white-out. Last December 6, Jericho and I attended a frigid game that was billed as a white-out, and it was a spectacular sight to behold. Around 65,000 faithful fans of West Virginia University's football team arrived mostly in white that night. The goal was to honor the team's graduating legend, Pat White. It was a great night as WVU stuck it to USF.

Jericho & I had on huge t-shirts that we simply pulled over our heavy coats. The game time temperature was somewhere in the 20s. We honestly had a blast. I'm hoping that tonight's game will bring some similar entertainment.

There are some things we miss about West Virginia. Not just things -- people, too of course. Right or wrong, one of the things I miss most is going to every WVU home football game with Julie or one of the boys, sitting right in front of Larry & Connie Stead--two of the dearest people on earth--watching the Pride of West Virginia marching band, and taking in the atmosphere. Those were good times.

Go Mountaineers! And now, go Bulldogs! Here's to a great white out!

Comments

Matt said…
I am just putting it out there for God, should he choose to accept. I will double my contribution Sunday should the Bulldogs win. Could be a good deal all the way around I think.

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene