Santa Cruz Naturalists

So, our ministry staff was in Santa Cruz for a day last week. After visiting Vintage Faith church and some other activities, our last "task" was to spend individual time in prayer and meditation along the coast in between the lighthouse and the natural bridge. Sandra headed south toward the lighthouse. Doug meandered around in the middle.

I headed north toward Natural Bridge State Park. There's a nice beach up near the natural bridge, and I slowly made my way toward it on foot as I listened to the ocean and observed the people around me. The surf was crashing heavily into the cliffs, but there are a few spots where one can traipse down to sandy patches of beach before reaching the natural bridge.

I wandered close to the cliff at one spot to peacefully look up along the coast. As I glanced out, I noticed a kelp-covered, sandy cove down beneath the cliffs. Two men had made their way down to this semi-private beach. I could tell they were tossing juggling pins (like bowling pins) back and forth. This struck me as odd, but I thought, "To each his own."

I was far enough away that I could only make out the basics. Suddenly, I realized that they were missing an important basic. They were nude! Just two naked, 50-year-old men juggling together. Nothing strange. Just your ordinary Thursday afternoon in Santa Cruz. Hmmm. Needless to say, I awkwardly traced my steps back out to the sidewalk to continue along to the park beach.

I'm still trying to interpret that vision or apparition or whatever it was. Any help would be appreciated. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene