Five Guys Burgers in Fresno

The Fresno Bee announced the start of the Burger Wars today. With the arrival of Five Guys in River Park and next week's opening of Eureka!Burgers at Palm/Nees, Fresno now has a great mix of burger places. In n Out is the classic, of course. Then there is Colorado Grill -- my favorite of their two locations is at Barstow/Willow. Another newcomer is The Habit over in Fig Garden Village.
I've already grown to like The Habit. I discovered it less than a month ago and enjoy their fresh ingredients and great fries. They should have asked for help in designing their space, however, since the line & beverage station are awkwardly placed. Their location is good, though, and the place has been packed. I also like the fact that it's a California chain -- originating in Santa Barbara.



I know Five Guys fairly well. They seem to be expanding like crazy. It's a mid-Atlantic burger chain that has excellent, greasy burgers and the best fries ever. I first ate at a hole-in-the-wall location that is one of their first stores. (The original is in Arlington, VA.) It's a real dive in DC near the Georgetown campus. John Mark Smith and I first ate there several years ago. I had driven him from Morgantown to DC for the day so he could take care of some business at the Japanese embassy. We then wandered the Georgetown campus & ate at this burger joint that didn't even seem like a chain. Boy was it good! They have since spread like wildfire all over Virginia & now even farther afield. Great place. I'll wait a few days to go to Fresno's new one -- let the crowds die down first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene