The Eyes of Texas

I'm almost packed. The older I get, the less fun it is to traipse off on a trip, especially when my family has to stay home. Compared to some people like my sister's husband, I don't travel on business that much, so I should count my blessings.

But even with that, Julie has some "fun" memories of me leaving her at seemingly difficult points in our family's history. Not that there was anything bad about my having to travel. But she seems to think that bad things happen as soon as I leave. Inevitably, the heater breaks when it's freezing out. The kids get sick, one right after the other. She gets sick. The dog runs away. Etc.

Lately, that streak seems to have made a turn for the better. But the memories are still there, I suppose. Guess she just can't survive without me. :-)

Back to the point. I'm almost packed for some continuing ed. in Texas. I have two weeks of classes at Abilene Christian University. The first week is actually in Abilene on the main campus. The second week will be in Dallas (Irving, actually) at their satellite facility. It will be a great two weeks, filled with lots of hard work but rewarding nonetheless. Follow Julie's blog for the blow-by-blow action back in Fresno. I'll post from Texas when I'm not too tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene