Looking for Some Basketball Fans

I'm a basketball junkie. Used to be a gym rat. During college I would sometimes spend two hours a day playing pick-up games, occasionally against Tech players who were temporarily suspended. I was no MJ or Dr. J, but I could hold my own.

This experience translated into 7 years of basketball in the Czech Republic. I played for a police club team. It used to be associated with military police and had the name Rudá hvězda or "Red Star." They changed their name after Communism to Sport Club Olympus. We were a lower level team that never advanced up to the higher echelons, but it gave me some great experiences and improved my Czech language skills for all kinds of reasons that I won't get into now.

Sadly, I no longer play any b'ball. Two knee surgeries have done me in. I did coach the boys in Morgantown and usually enjoyed that, even though Julie had to initially twist my arm to make me commit to coaching.

My point ... I'm looking for volunteers who also enjoy basketball. Take me with you to see some quality high school ball in the region. I'd enjoy it!

Better yet, let's visit some of the D-1 universities in the region. I'd love to go see St Marys play either Vanderbilt (Nov 20) or Gonzaga (Jan 14). Or how about driving over to Cal State Northridge to watch a game against Drexel (Dec 18)? Or I'd be interested in driving to Stockton to see Pacific take on Cal (Dec 9). Or I'd be interested in driving over to Stanford to see a game against Arizona (Feb 27). Or we could drive down to Bakersfield to watch them play Cal State Northridge, a NCAA team last year (Feb 10).

Any takers? Anyone? Hello? I'll find you if you don't find me first!

Comments

Ryan Buchanan said…
I would be interested in the St. Mary's/ Gonzaga game, or the Stanford/Arizona game.

I definitely don't want to go to Cal to watch a game in their arena. Apparently it was built when the average basketball fan was only 5 foot 3 inches tall. I was completely unable to fold up my 6'5" frame into the alotted space.

Ryan

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene