A Mea Culpa to Fresno State Basketball Fans

I messed up. It wasn't intentional. I assumed this as a given. But my language did not reveal that, and now I must pay. When a second person points out my guilt, then I figure it's time to publicly repent.

A couple weeks ago I blogged about my love for college basketball. I expressed my hope that some equally crazy souls might enjoy a trip to some of the many, surrounding D-I basketball venues. I mentioned St Marys, Stanford, CS-Northridge, etc.

In my mind it was already assumed that I would try to see several Fresno State games at the nearby Save Mart Center. I've already got their schedule and have circled a few games that should be great to see.

But I can't prove that intention. I didn't say this in my post. I didn't preface my comments with words about wanting to see Fresno State in action. Nothing. Just my silent assumptions.

And I got called on it. Doug Baker and now Dan Allen called my post suspiciously silent about the Bulldogs. So I repent. I'm sorry. I apologize. And now I say what should have been said before:

I can't wait to see Fresno State in action. Go Bulldogs!

I had heard rumors that someone might give me tickets to a couple games. I hope that is still true. I would hate to think that they read my post and decided that I wasn't a worthy recipient. Shame on me. But now you know. At least I hope.

Comments

matt said…
I was also insulted that you said you wanted to see Gonzaga and Saint Mary's instead of Pepperdine.

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene