Nashville Rescue Mission administrator victim of email hacking

Well, as I pointed out earlier, I have not been the only victim of hackers who get control of your email account and then send frantic messages to say you've been robbed in London and need immediate help.

My mom tells me about an administrator at the Nashville Rescue Mission who had the same thing happen to him on Tuesday. Here's the story about it:

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=11819522

It does seem as if they are targeting religious leaders. Perhaps people trust them and are more apt to respond when they see an email that looks authentic rather than one that is obviously spam. Or maybe they just don't like Christian leaders. Or maybe this is happening across the board but I only hear about the religious leaders. I don't know.

I can only hope that the word is getting out by now. What will they think of next?

Comments

Anonymous said…
You may be correct on who the targets are. There is a young couple from Lancaster, OH CofC who worked in Africa almost two years (he a nurse and she a school teacher). Have been home less than a year. Yesterday he posted on facebook - have not been mugged in London, do not send money. Interesting? Margie York

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene