One New Thing I Like about the College Church

In our three months here in Fresno, I have seen many things that impress me about the College Church of Christ. Those "things" are generally people who inspire each other just as they are already inspiring me. They have committed themselves to building a church that makes a difference, not just building a church that is different.

I noted one thing today that I really enjoy about College Church, one thing that I just have to brag about. What an awesome feeling it is to look up and see your son, along with 30 other people, walk up on stage for the final song. They provided a full sound behind our praise team as they led us in "The Hallelujah Chorus" to finish off our time of worship. What an amazing tear-jerker! And what an amazing song!

I'm so fortunate to work alongside a creative person like Sandra Henderson who plans our worship week in and week out. We are working together to find ways to include the full spectrum of personalities and voices within our congregation. Her idea to incorporate all those voices at the end of today's assembly was masterful, providing a fitting capstone to our day.

So there I am on the front row, waiting to bless the congregation in closing, and out burst the glorious strains of the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's "Messiah." And my son is able to be part of it, up there with the others, using his musical talent to help the church lift up praises to the highest reaches of heaven. How did I manage to pull myself together?!

We are blessed to be here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love It or List It: We Sold Our Church Building

Galatians 4:1-7 & The Confusing Apostle Paul

Still Freezing in Abilene